Thursday, August 5, 2010

Empty Nest.. trial run...

My wife and I are experiencing a little bit of what it will be like in the future... something you don't get to do very often.

My oldest is still around, but at 15 she's either sleeping upstairs or hanging out somewhere else with her friends.  In her defense, she will check to see what I'm making for dinner via SMS and will make an appearance if the menu pleases her.  The BBQ Lamb Chops the other night were a real hit.

Child number 2 is camping with my sister and her family up near Bon Echo.. well, if you call a 32 foot trailer camping ( I would ) for 12 days.

The house is a lot quieter, her little friends aren't constantly calling or banging on the door all day.  I'm not tripping over stuff, picking apple cinnamon circles or cheese doodle things off the couch and I can usually find the TV remote.

My wife and I can have a conversation without being interrupted or eat nasty things like fish.  Should I feel the need to belch or even let one rip in the family room while watching sports, I can do so without offending the gaggle of women I live with.. except of course my wife.

I'm not sure I'm ready for when they really grow up and move away.



No comments:

Post a Comment